Monday, September 03, 2007

A Wedding in Mexico


We spent Friday and Saturday night in Mexico to attend Wade and Karen's beautiful wedding on the beach at Las Palomas in Rocky Point, Mexico. Karen and Wade had 70 friends and family join them for the most romantic ceremony on the beach and then a fantastic dinner on a condo patio overlooking the ocean. The sunset was gorgeous and everyone was relaxed and happy in a way only felt in Mexico. Drinks and food were plentiful...old and new friends everywhere.

We spent the days in the pool, having drinks and food delivered to us poolside. I spent a lot of time relaxing, reading, and napping. Koning and I went out to dinner alone Friday night, which is always a delight - good conversation and a little hand holding to boot!


Saturday evening was the wedding. Wade and Karen shared vows of marriage being a partnership entered by the two most loyal of friends. You can tell that's what they are to each other.
Koning was in the wedding and ate at the bride & groom table, so I got to enjoy dinner with Benny and Alexis, two of my most treasured friends.
It was really a great experience and I consider myself blessed to have been there to enjoy the celebration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh what a fantastic weekend in Mexico!!!!!!!!!!
-alexis

Nicole Tardi said...

Weddings on the beach are amazing...what was I thinking with a church? :) Maybe for the next celebration...