Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Show Must Go On

I've gotten over my initial shock of the news and am moving on with my busy and fun-filled life. After all, the show must go on, and I have been on the go.

I was in Texas a couple days last week for business. I am not proud of the fact that I actually dislike an entire state. I know it's a terrible thing to say, but Texas makes me crazy. Those accents seem so condescending if not downright annoying. The over friendliness makes me feel like revisiting the pregnancy nausea I was feeling several weeks ago. It's hot like Arizona PLUS humidity. I promise to work on my poor attitude about Texas, but can't help my natural aversion to that state.

I was home for the weekend for some quality time with Tanner and a birthday dinner with Grandpa Gary.




By Tuesday I was on planes again, this time heading for the Midwest. Lansing, Michigan is cool, breezy and beautiful. The leaves are changing colors and the weather is low 70s.


My hotel balcony looks out into a beautiful green wooded area with a large stream running through it. Although I am enjoying myself here more than Texas, I still hate being away from my family and can't wait to return on Friday. Until then, it's just me and this little quiet one in my tummy.


6 comments:

Julie said...

Enjoy the Midwest! You are there for my favorite time of year. You can wear sweatshirts and shorts and the leaves are changing!

Karen said...

Diddo!

Karen said...

I also wanted to tell you that I feel the same way about Texas. There. I said it. In the environmental field it's ridiculous too if you attempt to talk to a regulating agency and they find out you are NOT from Texas. Suddenly you can't get assistance.

Lexy said...

I miss the changing leaves - so pretty.

Two weeks in a row of travel always makes me a little crabby and anxious to get home - not sure how Kelly does it!!

I hate Kansas and I don't even have a really good reason for it. So I think hating Texas is just fine... not all states are equal in our affections!!

La Gitana Que Viaja said...

I had to go to Houston this week. I hate Texas too. Lucky me, though, I had Vicodin to deal with my ankle and knee which made it a much easier trip.

Jenny Rodriguez said...

I actually have no opinions on Texas :-) But heat & baby queasiness are the worst!!

Enjoy your time in the Midwest :-)

P.S. How are you not showing?!? I feel like the Pillsbury dough girl..lol