This past year has been both frightening and spectacular. It’s been difficult yet magical. Through the relentless impermanence of the last 12 months, I have learned a critical lesson. And it is this.
Everything is going to work out. Unless it doesn’t. Which is exactly right and perfect. Either way. It took me a long time to figure this out. It took me even longer to really believe it. I am finally learning how to live it…still practicing daily. I am practicing enjoying life, even while I suffer.
Life’s circumstances come about with AND without my control. I have learned that there are consequences to our actions and that you get back from this world exactly what you put into it. You give love; you get love. You act on pain and fear; you get pain and fear right back.
I have learned that feelings are always ok. Actions are not always ok. Hurting is right. Crying is respectable. Anxiety is suitable. Fear is fitting. Anger is apt. Saying harsh words when angry, however, only brings more harsh words my way.
I don’t feel like this perfect karma is cruel. "The Golden Rule" doesn’t feel like a punishment. It just feels true. I think the law of “what comes around goes around” is completely indifferent to our actions. But, it is exact. Acting with judgment brings more judgment into our lives. It’s as simple as that. It’s not right or wrong anymore than gravity is right or wrong. What goes up comes down. Coming down is not a punishment for going up. And, the universe is just patiently and without preference waiting for us to discover this.
These enlightenments have changed the way I view the world and myself. And, overall, I am filled with joy to have so much deliciousness in my life.
4 comments:
Thanks for these words Cindy. You are one person that we can always count on to take life's circumstances, reflect on them, and put words to the reflection that just make sense and allow us to find meaning and enlightenment.
Suddenly at this point in my life even as everything seems to be going just perfectly - I find myself emotional and uneasy about what the future holds in terms of my career and my place in this world. I hope it's a phase that leaves as suddenly as it came about.
Can't wait to see you Friday in Denver(I hope you don't get booked up last minute)!
I'm so honored to share this crazy life journey with you. "If we connect to the stillness within, we move beyond our active minds and emotions and discover great depths of lasting peace, contentment, and serenity."
I know a wise old man who says "it will all work out. And even if it doesn't work out, it will still work out". I believe its true, but I'm still figuring out how to accept that.
Well put.
Post a Comment