Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall Vacation


Just had a fantastic vacation weekend in Flagstaff. We took the kids and Grandma to a cabin for some crisp autumn weather. On Friday Tanner, Jeff and I explored the cabin and a hiking trail nearby. Then Jeff BBQ'd and we all played board games by the fire until way past our bedtime.












On Saturday we took Tanner to a Fall Festival north of Flagstaff where he got lost in a maze of hay. It was 35 degrees with a very strong wind. I heard someone say that the windchill made it a very chilly 18 degrees. We didn't stay long because we were not prepared for the cold in our light jackets.

Saturday night Grandma watched the kids for a couple hours so Jeff and I could go to dinner to celebrate our 7th year wedding anniversary. We found a great restaurant with very good wine and then headed back to the cabin for some of Grandma's homemade cookies for dessert.



We laughed and played and explored and talked. It was perfect.

And I decided -- to live a happy life one must always be planning their next vacation.

3 comments:

Ana said...

I am smiling too. And I can't wait to hear about the next vacation!

La Gitana Que Viaja said...

Roger on the vacation planning!

Jenny Rodriguez said...

I want to squeeze those baby cheeks!! Hope all is well!!!