Friday, November 28, 2008

Tale of Two Kidneys - Chapter Six

It's amazing how a sense of humor can make situations a little easier to cope with. As you recall, I needed an MRI on my liver. I went to the hospital with paperwork that read, "Liver MRI for kidney donor." The MRI techs took pictures of my kidneys, not my liver. They read the instructions wrong. So, I had to do it over. Another 35 minutes in the tunnel and another IV poke. Let's hope this is the end of the tests.

A dear friend of mine told me that the blessing here is a lesson of perseverance. He said these most comforting words. "Cynthia, every time there is a set back you have to reconsider what you are trying to do. We can tell how committed we are to a dream by how easily we give up when things stand in our way." As I lay in the MRI machine, the walls pounding with noise, I think of my friend's words and of the boy. I wonder what he looks like, if he has brothers or sisters, how old is he, does he still believe in Santa. And I whispered, "For you. I will not give up."

3 comments:

Karen said...

You are an amazing woman! I am so grateful for the beautiful inspiring women in my life. If only we could see you guys more!!! We are totally planning a trip, but it might wait for Spring. Soon. Miss you all very much!

Christine said...

I love you.

Chris said...

You have been tagged!