1st Verse
The Toa that can be told is not the eternal Toa.
The name that can be named is not the eternal name.
The Toa is both named and nameless.
As nameless it is the origin of all things;
as named it is the Mother of 10,000 things.
Ever desireless, one can see the mystery;
ever desiring, one sees only the manifestations.
And the mystery itself is the doorway to all understanding.
This verse reminds me how to live peacefully with uncertainty. When we accept that our future and sometimes our present is a complete mystery only then do we really understand that it is how our lives were meant to be lived. When we allow uncertainly to be as common and expected as the rising sun, only then do we stop trying to avoid and control it.
There is so much uncertainty, so much mystery. Will my kids always be safe? Will our country solve its problems? Will we keep our jobs? Will we reach our goals? Will we be happy?
I believe it is true that the times when I feel worried about my life is when I want my life to be how I think it SHOULD be instead of what it is in the moment. But living in the mystery of life is to let go of expectations and welcome each new moment with confidence that the worst thing that could happen isn't avoided by worrying that it may.
Check out Phoenix Volunteer's June event.
Mexico was fantastic, as always.
2 comments:
Well said... and so eternally true.
Thanks Cindy. You are such a good friend and thanks to you I'm always learning new ways to look at life.
Post a Comment