Seeing Alexis with her new baby girl makes me remember when my kids were first born. I keep a diary for each of my kids where I write them letters. This is a what I wrote to Paige on May 27, 2008.
My lady,
You are almost 7 weeks old. You just started to smile a lot now. You smiled once or twice before but it seemed to be on accident. Now you are smiling when I talk to you. You especially like the sound of Tanner's voice which will make you smile even when you can't see his face.
Paige, you are so beautiful. Every little part on you is perfect. You are a calm baby, so peaceful and content. You are sitting next to me in a little pink bathtub, looking around. We make eye contact and you smile. And I smile. I'm so in love with you. You are beautiful. You are wonderful. You are magical. I adore you.
Love,
Mom

4 comments:
She learned it from her mother, you know.
I think it is so wonderful that you keep a journal for each of your kids. They will treasure those someday :)
Now I'm crying again :) Paige is so lucky to have you!
So sweet! And Paige is getting so big!
Post a Comment