Monday, December 28, 2009

I see the sea - Tao Verse 8

Mexico, my old friend.




Tao - Verse 8
The highest good is like water.
Water gives life to the ten thousand things and does not strive.
It flows in places men reject and so is like the Tao.
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be gentle and kind.
In speech, be true.
In daily life, be competent.
In action, be aware of the time and the season.
No fight: no blame.
-------------------
The Tao says, "No fight: no blame." One of my favorite businessmen, Dale Carnegie said one should always avoid an argument. An Indian spiritualist that I admire named Paramahansa Yogananda said, "Be a king, an absolute monarch of your inner peace."
And so the student of the "Book of the Way" looses his path. The businessman fails to profit. The king surrenders his crown. There is fighting and blaming. There is apologizing and recognizing. There is listening and hearing. All is sunny again except for this gray cloud of regret.
Try try again. Be an absolute monarch of your inner peace. Defend it with the sharp sword that are your thoughts and the heavy armor that are your actions. A king I tell you! A king!

2 comments:

La Gitana Que Viaja said...

Enjoy Mexico! I can feel the below freezing temps here in New Mexico and am wishing for the water and sand you're enjoying...

Unknown said...

Looks like you are having perfect weather! Enjoy!!
-Alexis