There were two snorkeling stops on this tour. First, we went to a small island where there is coral reef preserve.
Has anyone ever tried to smile while wearing a snorkel mask? Well, it looks like this. Your lips are trapped by the nose guard and can't go up all the way.
We saw these dolphins right where we got into the water, but I never saw them once we were in the water. 
This snorkeling experience was amazing. You could see 100 feet down; the water was crystal clear. When we got up to the reef we were one foot away from some of the most beautiful fish in the world. We don't have an underwater camera so sorry, no pictures.
The next stop we made was near this little island where sea turtles like to feed.

Here I am in the water. Turtles are right under me. It was a crazy experience to be out in the middle of the ocean with huge waves all around me. A couple times I drifted away from the group and couldn't help but feel a little panicked by how big and powerful the ocean is. Yet, as soon as I would stick my face in the water and float it was the most peaceful, quiet place I've ever been. It's a great lesson in surrendering and just going with the flow.
Here are some pictures of the sea turtles we swam with.
No comments:
Post a Comment