Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving


Each holiday with Tanner brings a new experience for me. I have always liked the holidays, but seeing Tanner's anticipation and excitement makes everything so much fun. We put up our Christmas tree and decorated our house today.

Tanner had fun, no matter what happened. When the Christmas lights were tangled into knots, usually something that annoys almost any adult, Tanner just smiled. When we lost an entire box of sentimental decorations (sacrificed to the attic gods), Tanner simply said "Let's just go to the store and get some new stuff." When I tried to explain to him that we don't put all the ornaments on the same branch he said, "But that's the way I like it. It's pretty."

I learn something about myself from him everyday. And it reminds of this fantastic insight I read the other day:

"Say your truth - kindly, but fully and completely. Live your truth, gently, but totally and consistently. Change your truth easily and quickly when your experience brings you new clarity."

Ahhh, new clarity. Thank you, Tanner.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: