
Ok, I admit it. I was a real party pooper this year. For some reason, New Years Eve just reminds me of how I’m not super young and outrageously fun anymore. I was complaining to Jeff about having to drive all the way to Scott’s house and kept saying I’d rather just go to dinner and then home for some wine and a movie. Jeff insisted we spend the NEW year with OLD friends. I pouted, but went. A couple beers later and some good girl chat with Lexy, I was feeling better about the trip. However, at 20 minutes until midnight, I tried to convince Jeff that it would be perfect to leave right then so we didn’t have to drive in the after midnight drunk crowd. He smiled and said, “Ummm. No.” Then at midnight I gave Jeff a quick kiss and asked if he’d seen my purse. Poor guy – you should have seen his face. I think he was trying to be romantic about the New Year’s kiss.
Anyway, I was a huge bore, something I’m somewhat regretting. The thing is – I just wasn’t in the mood! I can't believe I'm saying this but I don't want to stay up until midnight drinking or doing anything anymore. "Start drinking early, go to bed early." In fact, this isn't even my motto any longer. I've actually moved into just go to bed early. Even drinking doesn't interest me that much any longer (except for wine when going out to dinner, which I always enjoy). But frankly, I hardly ever go out to dinner anymore either.
So, how many more years do you think it will be before I just give up entirely and stay home New Year's Eve watching VH1's top 100 countdown?
3 comments:
I met some people at the Portland office who had New York parties: they partied really hard until 9pm local time (i.e. midnight back east), watched the apple drop and kissed their guests goodbye and were in bed by 10pm.
I still think you are fun.
This year, I fell asleep at 10pm and I think Wade set his alarm to wake me up at Midnight and say "Happy New Year!" I don't feel one bit guilty!!!
Post a Comment