FRIDAY - I call this "Enjoying My Marriage" Day
Friday Jeff and I had a 9am tee time at the Lakes Golf Course in Awatukee. It was a beautiful day and the course was empty. It was great to get outdoors with Jeff...just "shootin' the breeze," talking about nothing in particular...just golf swings and weather. Very relaxing. Later we split fajitas and ordered tall beers at Rock Bottom where we talked about work, parenting, and our dreams. It was one of the most perfect days with my husband. Early afternoon we picked up Tanner from daycare and got him ready for his favorite thing to do: spend the night at Grandma's! Then I got to "get all cute" for an evening at Dos Gringos with Jeff and lots of friends. It was great to see Lexy's sisters in town for a visit.
SATURDAY: I call this "Enjoying Myself" Day
Saturday Jeff and Tanner headed to a pool party, giving me the entire day to watch movies and read. I finished a really good book, watched a sad girly movie and cried my eyes out, and then started another book. I did this all in my pajamas, hair and teeth unbrushed, with chocolates and iced tea. Perfect!
SUNDAY: I call this "Enjoying Being a Mommy" Day
Sunday Kyle came over for the day to play with Tanner while Darren and Koning went golfing. I fixed snacks, kissed ouchies, and filled squirt guns all morning. Tanner and Kyle quickly kicked me out of the "all boys club" and were off
MONDAY: I call this "Enjoying My Family" Day
Monday we slept in, made no plans, and took it easy. We only ventured out for lunch then Chuck E Cheese's for a little ski ball with Tanner. We spent the rest of the day lounging around...swimming, playing, reading, resting. Tanner had us cracking up when he made muscle man poses in his superhero under-roos.
Besides the hot weather already starting to ge me tired and a little cranky, it was a great, great weekend!
5 comments:
What a blissful weekend!! Glad to hear all is well in your home. I can not believe how quickly your little man is growing!
Miss ya,
Jennifer & Thomas
Sounds like a perfect weekend! Love the pix of Tanner in his undies...heee hee!
What a happy guy Tanner is! Sounds like the perfect weekend optimizing all of your roles - wife, mother & friend!
Hey Cindy -- your weekend sounded perfect! I can't wait to catch up with you guys too. Wade was telling me how Jeff was a little sensitive about the Express store... I love it, but am very annoyed at the same time that the store was so unhelpful and that they don't have normal sizes. What a weird place.
Maybe we should schedule a race to run together... Wado and I could come down next January to do the Rock N Roll half marathon.. I think it's in January and I've heard many people participate! We'll have to discuss the possibility but January would give us plenty of time to prepare (I have A LOT of preparing to do before I could run 13 miles).
Can't wait to see you guys!
Man I loved my Wonder Woman Under Roos! They should make them in adult sizes! Love the pics of Tanner!
Post a Comment