Tanner had his first day of school this Monday. It's really pre-kindergarten...a half day program that helps prepare kids for all day kindergarten that is now in place at all the schools in our district.
Tomorrow is Show and Tell day. Tanner chose to bring his superhero action figures. Awesome.
If you can believe this, Tanner had homework twice this week. Just fun family projects like this one where he had to paste pictures after we filled out the answers to questions like..."When you grow up what do you want to be?" (Tanner's answer: Superman) and "What is your favorite food?" (Tanner's answer: Ketchup).
When I picked Tanner up from school today, I peaked in the class room to watch him. It was free time and he was sitting in between two boys and they were laughing and lightly pushing each other. They were making goofy faces at each other and then falling over backwards. Tanner saw me looking into the room and he ran to the door. He turned back to one of his friends that had followed him and gave him a high five and said, "See ya tomorrow, man." It was so adorable.
At night, we talk a lot about his day. He tells me about his friends and his teachers. Sometimes he'll even ask my how my day was and what I did at work. I absolutely love talking with him. He's such a great little person. I love hearing his ideas and feelings. He is my pride and joy, my greatest treasure, my best little friend. I am so lucky to be his mom.
3 comments:
I love that Tanner's favorite food is ketchup. Tooo hillarious. What a handsome little man with his spiderman backback!!
Ketchup.. Hilarious.. I remember when I was about his age, I said I was thankful for the toothfairy at Thanksgiving.. My parents still think it is hilarious.. These are the days! Hope to see you guys this Thurs!
I love it!! Tanner looks so cute. I bet he feels like such a big boy going to school!
Post a Comment