Sunday, August 05, 2007

Tanner's 4th Birthday Party

Saturday we had a poolside birthday party for Tanner.

Even though Tanner is an only child, we do not have to worry about having kids over for a birthday party because Tanner has six cousins who he loves to splash, dunk, and throw water balloons at.

















Tanner's favorite pool toys were (I know this will be a big surprise to all of you)...any toy that you need a ball to play it with!

We had yummy spider man cake with dark frosting that turned everyones teeth black...cool!










And then there was baby Madi who was NOT supposed to be playing by the stairs but who flashed Aunt Cindy this gorgeous smile so got away with anything she wanted.
It was such a fun evening.

There are so many exciting things happening right now. Tanner's last day of Daycare was Friday and on Monday he starts his first day of Pre-Kindergarten...in an actual classroom with a teacher. We went to Meet the Teacher night last week. It was so exciting. Tanner has a little cubby with his name on it. There are little desks, a playground, and we even had dinner at the Cafa-Gym-Atorium. Yesterday we went to the store to get Tanner his first school back pack.

I love the idea of Tanner going to school. I know many moms who have told me that they cried when their baby went to school. I don't feel that way at all. I'm so excited for him and feel much more comfortable as a mom of a school aged kid than I ever did caring for an infant. Being a mom of a 4-year-old is so much fun!!

1 comment:

Lexy said...

Happy birthday Tanner!! I really enjoyed hanging out with him last weekend at the pool party. If they came out at his age I think I'd have a bunch of kids. It's that first few years that seem so intimidating to me. I'm excited to hear about his new school!!