Saturday, October 20, 2007

Soccer Mom


I am now officially a Soccer Mom. Tanner and Kyle are on the same little league soccer team...the Green Dragons. Today was their first game against the Cheetas. It was a tie game.

It was hilarious to watch 4 and 5-year olds play soccer. Some of the kids really got into it - running in to each other to get to the ball. Others just hung out and kind of wondered around the field...looking at passing airplanes, kicking the grass or even picking their noses. Hilarious!

Tanner wasn't doing either of those things. Although he wasn't wondering around with his finger in his nose, he was a little apprehensive. He would run around the field but would only kick the ball if it came his way. He didn't seem up for pushing his way into the crowd around the ball. We kept trying to encourage him to get right in there, but he just wasn't ready. Maybe next game.

Most importantly, he and Kyle had fun!

2 comments:

Lexy said...

Welcome home! I loved all the photos from your trip. Tanner and Kyle are so cute. And you are the coolest soccer mom I know - that's for sure! Saw you are reading Wayne Dyer - I really enjoy his books and when he is on tv. You'll have to let me know what you think! You must be in a spiritual mood reading both that and Eat Pray Love!!

Amy said...

Tanner the soccer star!! Love it!