Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Being a Mom


I was put on a medical leave until Paige gets here due to some complications. The due date is today, April 1. Doctor wants to induce on April 8 if she isn't here by then.
In the meantime, I am really enjoying being a full time mom to Tanner. I've started to get involved in his school. His class hatched chicks and I volunteered to take a couple home for a night so that Tanner could feed and take care of them. They were so adorable! A couple moms in his class invited me to be in their Mom's Club this summer. After what happened to me at work recently it felt so wonderful to be invited into friendships. I cried happy tears the whole way home after dropping Tanner off at school.

I am cherishing these last days alone with Tanner. It's been 4 1/2 years with just the three of us and now there is only one week left of that. Part of me is a little sad - like I'm loosing the special connection that comes with a small family. We have grown so close because it's always just been the three of us. I know that Paige will soon feel like part of this family and that we could never have lived without her, but for now, it feels good to cling on for a couple more days to it being just me and my two boys.

The doctor has recommended I do a lot of walking to help with my condition. We've been taking walks to the park every night and we went downtown this weekend to walk around and stop by the Science Center to see the Dinosaur exhibit.



2 comments:

Karen said...

Be well and good luck with the next week! Tell Jeff and Tanner hello and we hope to see you all very soon!

La Gitana Que Viaja said...

The chicks are too cute! What happens when they become chickens?!?