Friday, April 11, 2008

Paige Tyler Koning


Paige arrived at 4:09am on Wednesday, April 9. Although I was scheduled for an induction, Paige came all on her own. My water broke only hours before the hospital called me to have me come in for the induction. By the time I got to the hospital, I was well on my way to delivering Paige. It was so exciting!

She is so small and cute. She weighed only 5 pounds, 12 oz. Her temperature was low when she first came out so they wouldn't let me hold her right away. It was so hard to wait to get her in my arms, but when they finally let me hold her...well, I can't explain it...just amazing.
We brought Paige home around 3pm on Thursday. She is eating and sleeping great. Jeff and I have both gotten enough sleep, which was not the case when we had Tanner, so hopefully Paige keeps this up.

Tanner is excited but I think he wishes she did more. I think he is a little bored of her since she doesn't really do much. When Tanner came to see Paige at the hospital he said, "Mom, can I pet her?" Jeff took Tanner to school this afternoon and he brought a picture of Paige to show off to his friends and teachers. Jeff said Tanner looked so proud.

Everything is going great. I feel fine and am recovering quickly. And, this morning I had both of my kids in my arms snuggling me. So basically it's perfect...just perfect.

If anyone wants to come meet Paige, just call me or send me an email and we'd be happy to have you over.

7 comments:

La Gitana Que Viaja said...

Cannot wait to meet her! She is beautiful and the four of you look fabulous.....see you on Monday. I'll call to figure out the best time.

Julie said...

Congrats!! Everyone looks happy & healthy. Keep posting pics for me.

Amy said...

She's so tiny and precious! I can't wait to meet her and hold her....aahhhh I feel a touch of baby fever comin' on...haa haa!

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Congrats!! She is SO beautiful and you look as radiant as ever! Glad to hear you both are doing so well :-) We will be out in June - hope we can meet your angel then!

Lots of love!!

Karen said...

Yeah! Congrats! Can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

She is so tiny and cute!! And you all look amazing! Hope to meet her very soon. Congrats to big brother Tanner!

Anonymous said...

That was me, I'm the anonymous who is so excited about Baby Paige that I forgot to write my name.
:)Veronique