My job is to practice waking up every morning with gratitude. I mean, isn't it great that we get to start over again every single day? It's my job to appreciate this perpetual "Do Over" called life.
My job is to be aware of the constant barrage of thoughts that go through my head all of the time so that I may quiet myself. I stopped dead in my tracks the other day when I finally understood that I am not the thoughts in my mind, but instead, I am the one that listens to them.
My job is to be aware of what I am feeling all the time so that I can comfort and enjoy myself. Feelings are like visitors to me now. Some visitors I like more than others. :) Nevertheless, my job is to take good care of my feelings instead of replacing them with other feelings, pushing them away or ignoring them completely. Most importantly, my work is to realize that I am not my feelings.
So, if I am not my thoughts and I am not my feelings, what is left?
Well, what's left is my job. To figure it out.
4 comments:
Paige is gorgeous!
She is getting so big! Beautiful! Simply beautiful!
that little girl of yours is a knock out!! thanks for sharing pics!!! xo
Paige is so adorable. Hang in there are work. It is just a means to and end sometimes. Life has moments of perfection and peace that we can treasure.
Post a Comment