Thursday, August 07, 2008

Let me catch up here



It's been crazy fun the last several weeks. Let me catch you up.


Kelly birthdayed. She's beautiful in her turquoise dress! It was five women sitting at a wine bar sharing all their secrets. I told lots of mine that night. Someone ELSE'S turn next time. :)



Then my brother birthdayed. I adore him. By the way, he's 35 not 40 like the candle says. I love our 30's!






Then Tanner went to his first day of kindergarten. The whole family went to see him off. I didn't cry and he didn't either. I thought I would be sad, but I wasn't. There was one time when I saw him hesitate and I felt my heart jump up into my throat. But, then his face changed and he seemed to be ok. And, something came over me and I knew that we'd both be ok. Taking my first child to kindergarten for the first time was an amazing experience.





Then Tanner birthdayed. Five years old! First we celebrated at home with just the family on Friday. Here is Tanner with all the toys that he loves -- some old, some new.


Then on Saturday we celebrated with a family pool birthday party.










Which leads me to today...Sunday. Does anyone else's Sunday look like this?
  • Meal planning for the whole week
  • Grocery shopping
  • Make meals for whole week
  • Toys R Us for Mathew's birthday gift (can you believe Scotty's little guy is turning 8)?
  • Chipolti for lunch
  • Oil change on cars
  • Library
  • Home Depot to repair sprinkler head
  • Swimming with kids
  • Pack lunch for school
  • Check backpack for homework
  • Pack lunch for work
  • Do the bills
  • Bath for the kids
  • Feed the baby
  • Read a good-night story
  • Want to go to bed but remember that sister-in-law said I have to blog this weekend and it can't be anything too serious like I usually write.
And, I left out like 20 other things I did today.

But, I wouldn't change a thing!

Goodnight, everyone!

3 comments:

Chris said...

That was such a great blog. Thank you!

Lexy said...

You are amazing. Loved all the great photos. What a fun month of birthdays!! And can we get that slide in a bigger size for our next grown-up pool party?? Miss you!

La Gitana Que Viaja said...

Fabulous birthday month!!! Last Saturday I had a to do list that had 60+ items on it: I feel your pain!