
Julia my friend,
You are gone and part of me wishes you were here so that you could see in the faces of your friends how much you have changed us. And part of me is so happy for you to be free from your discomfort and in a place of unimaginable love. I’m picturing you riding rainbows and dancing in clouds and enjoying that proverbial margarita in the sky! If anyone can make wherever you are fun, you can.
I know it is difficult for many of us to understand why these things happen in life, but I believe that nothing is random. I believe that things happen exactly how they are meant. I have to believe that because, in light of this situation, anything otherwise is just too painful. And if things are meant to be exactly as they are then I need to thank you for giving up your life so that I can open my eyes and really live mine.
I will go on and grow on because that is all there is to do, but it’s different now. It is different now because I’ve lived through loosing a treasure for which I took for granted would always be there. That treasure is friendship.
That treasure is the truth no one else will tell you, it’s the support even when you’re wrong, it’s sharing a cold beer after a terrible day, it’s the compliment you didn’t realized you needed so much, it’s the safety and warmth of being in a room full women who would just as much suffer themselves as to see you suffer.
So, I will go on, but I will never forget you, Julia. In fact, I have decided to revere you as The Divine Goddess of Tequila Hangovers! And, I will call onto you for mercy the next time I have a hangover headache that makes my hair curl. And you are forevermore worshiped by me as the Holy Saint of Sarcasms and I will think of you anytime I start to take myself too seriously. You, my friend, will never be forgotten. You will never be forgotten.
I lift my wine glass to you tonight, Julia.
Cheers.
You are gone and part of me wishes you were here so that you could see in the faces of your friends how much you have changed us. And part of me is so happy for you to be free from your discomfort and in a place of unimaginable love. I’m picturing you riding rainbows and dancing in clouds and enjoying that proverbial margarita in the sky! If anyone can make wherever you are fun, you can.
I know it is difficult for many of us to understand why these things happen in life, but I believe that nothing is random. I believe that things happen exactly how they are meant. I have to believe that because, in light of this situation, anything otherwise is just too painful. And if things are meant to be exactly as they are then I need to thank you for giving up your life so that I can open my eyes and really live mine.
I will go on and grow on because that is all there is to do, but it’s different now. It is different now because I’ve lived through loosing a treasure for which I took for granted would always be there. That treasure is friendship.
That treasure is the truth no one else will tell you, it’s the support even when you’re wrong, it’s sharing a cold beer after a terrible day, it’s the compliment you didn’t realized you needed so much, it’s the safety and warmth of being in a room full women who would just as much suffer themselves as to see you suffer.
So, I will go on, but I will never forget you, Julia. In fact, I have decided to revere you as The Divine Goddess of Tequila Hangovers! And, I will call onto you for mercy the next time I have a hangover headache that makes my hair curl. And you are forevermore worshiped by me as the Holy Saint of Sarcasms and I will think of you anytime I start to take myself too seriously. You, my friend, will never be forgotten. You will never be forgotten.
I lift my wine glass to you tonight, Julia.
Cheers.
1 comment:
Here's to the divine goddess of Tequila Hangovers! May she give us peace this coming Sunday morning. ;-)
Post a Comment