Phoenix Children’s Hospital has authorized my donation but has not agreed to tell the boy’s family about this option yet. The family does not know about our matching results or of the possibility of a living donor transplant. They will not tell the family until all of my medical test results have been cleared. On November 3rd I will check into Good Samaritan hospital for an EKG, chest x-rays and a DGFR (checks the function of each of my kidneys). On November 10th I take a Cat Scan, the final of the tests.
If my test results support it the surgeons will discuss a transplant with the boy’s family the week of November 10th. If the family agrees the surgery will be scheduled for sometime around December 19.
I'll know more in mid-November.
1 comment:
I am so, so excited for you. You are such an amazing woman. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Oh, if I don't talk to you before, Happy birthday!
Post a Comment