This weekend marks seven years of being married to Jeff. I know this man like only a wife can know a man and this is what it's like to be married to him.
He wakes up every morning in a good mood. And after 7 years of this, now I do too.
He drives both our kids to school and daycare in a what I call a minivan and what he calls a "cross-over." When I tease him about it he just says, "Yep, I'm a dad, that's how I roll."
He smiles a lot and tells jokes often. He sings out loud and even dances and his kids think he's silly.
He folds laundry every Sunday (while watching football).
He snores at night but always gives a half-asleep apology when I wake him up.
When we go out he has a beer before we leave, he has several while we are there, and he has one when we get home. However, I can't remember ever seeing him drunk.
He never rushes me when I'm getting ready and taking too long (which is why he always has time for a beer before we leave).
He knows a lot about many topics and he always seems to find something in common with anyone I introduce him to.
He listens to me when he wants to and sometimes when he doesn't.
He's romantic and thoughtful.
He kills bugs and checks out noises in the dark.
He tells me I'm pretty and smart when I feel boring and plain.
When coaching Tanner's basketball league the boys call him "Coach Jeff" and he gives them high fives and tells them they are superstars.
He doesn't get mad when I lock the keys in the car (and I do this often).
He's smart because of what he has read and learned, but he's wise because of what he has experienced and felt. And, there are some days when he'll tell me everything that is going on in his wonderful, beautiful mind. Those are very special days. And there are days where he is silent, but his eyes tell me he is living each day to its fullest because that's "how he rolls."
The line from the movie Dan In Real Life pretty much sums it up.
"I love him I love him I love him I love him I love him I love him I love him. "
2 comments:
7 years goes by fast!! Glad you are so happy together!
I guess I don't have to beat him up then,
Brother
Post a Comment