Monday, March 28, 2011

Cara

I was with some friends this weekend and they were talking about women they know that have been through tough times and seemed to keep it all together. I shared Cara's story with them. About how she went through years of hormones, shots, doctor consultations, miscarriages, and more. How she finally had to come to terms with an incredibly difficult and life-altering reality that would shape the rest of her life. How she did it without falling apart, damaging her marriage, shunning her responsibilities or pushing away her friends. How she decided to find joy in life instead of sulking or being defeated. Despite how difficult it must be, she will talk about our kids and listen to our love and concern for our children, and she will do this without taking on a woeful or afflicted attitude about her own situation. You are so amazing, Cara. I am so inspired by you, honey.

1 comment:

Lexy said...

Ditto!! I am constantly amazed by how cool and strong and different and talented my friends are!