Jeff and I were enjoying a night out with a babysitter, a good dinner and free drinks. We were both really surprised when at the end of the night they announced the winner of the 2011 Women of the Year Award. I have been invited to these kind of recognition events before and have always had a good time, but have never won. Several months ago Cara and I were talking about whether or not nominees should have a speech prepared. Seemed kind of presumptuous to me, and since I've never won these type of awards before, I didn't prepare a speech. Now I wish I had been more precise about my gratitude, but at least I didn't forget to thank Jeff, who was in the room!
Miracles happen. Since I quit my job to follow my dreams, I have been wondering about exactly how a person can do what they love but also make money to pay for the things they love to do. I prayed and meditated about getting the resources that I need to publish a book I have been writing for 6 months that I am hoping to finish by the end of this year. The initial cost is $2900. I was given $2600 last night!
I am so blessed. This is an amazing life!


Here is link to the KEZ Women of the Year website: http://www.kez999.com/common/i-nominate/woman-of-the-year/index.php.
3 comments:
That is awesome! I got a text from Lisa while I was sitting in a meeting today. I showed everybody at my table. I am so excited for you!
LOL! I knew you should have prepared a speech! Anyone that knows you, knows how amazing you are, and are probably less surprised than you are. You are an inspiration, and a trailblazer. Way to go!
That is fantastic and very well deserved! Congrats!
Post a Comment