Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Secret to Life

I finished The Secret, a trendy bestselling book about getting everything you want in life. I thought it was pretty good, although I'm not sure I believe that the secret to life is having good parking space karma. But, I like to consider myself open minded and decided to take the advice about creating my own "vision board." The book says write down what you want your life to be like, and believe that it can really happen. Well, I guess it's worth a shot. Here's what I want from life, in no particular order.


Wisdom

To experience, to learn, to realize, to observe, to keep getting better.





Generosity
To be careless with giving love, praise, wisdom and possessions to others.


Success

To accomplish, to achieve, to rise to the challenge, to be the best at what I do.





Leadership
To earn trust and demonstrate integrity, to be recognized for compassion, smart work, innovation, humility and expertise.


Happy Marriage

To be a giving partner, to appreciate and cherish sharing a lifetime with my husband, to take care of myself so that I'm the best person I can be to him.


A Good Mother

To be a supporter, advisor, and protector to my son, to be a never-ending source of love, a safe harbor, a true friend to him all the days of my life.



A Good Friend

To cherish friendships and the people in them, to share truthfully, warmly and freely the experiences in my life and to be a good listener and supporter of others.



Happiness
To laugh often, to enjoy life, to dance, smile, relax, and rest.



Wealth
To enjoy the luxuries in life and to believe I deserve them, to always feel secure about money, to be thankful for and generous with all the money I've ever wanted.





Beauty

To get more beautiful with age, to have a calming, comforting beauty that attracts and warms peoples' heart. To be healthy and feel good about the way I look, even at 80.

So, check in with me when I'm 80 and I'll let you know if the book works. :)

1 comment:

Lexy said...

I am about half way through the Secret right now and really like the vision board concept. I don't agree with all of the books concepts and assumptions but there are plenty of things that are interesting. I like the meditation, gratitude, and visualization sections a lot. I really like reading your vision board and know that your vision is one of the reasons I admire and like you so much! You are already fabulous in your 30s and will only grow better with age.