Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Tale of Two Kidneys - Chapter Five

Well, I swear that by the end of this process I will have had the most thorough medical check-up and physical possible by modern technology today! During the CT scan on my kidneys, they found what looks like a lesion on my liver. They say it is most likely a benign granuloma, which is a bunch of cells that have balled up on my liver. These are common and many people have them on their organs. However, the kidney surgeon had a liver surgeon take a look at my CT and they both agreed that it is better to be safe than sorry. So, now I have to take an MRI on my liver. I appreciate that they are taking every precaution to make sure that I am in optimal health to donate, but the setbacks are a little discouraging. Oh well. The universe works in its own perfect timing and we are all in good hands. The MRI is scheduled for Friday, November 21.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's just hope you don't glow in the dark, after all these fun test :) I actually had a dream
after your last post that you found out the little boy was a long lost relative. What you are doings amazing.
Veronique

Ana said...

Hang in there! What you are doing is worth it. I had the same liver issues and an MRI, and it was nothing. MRI tip: I took a lavendar eye mask. The smell is relaxing and the eye mask makes it feel less like a coffin...more like a spa! Good luck. You are brave and Good with a capital G.!