Monday, February 08, 2010

Simple and good

I feel like I should be writing in my blog more but I don't have much to say, it seams. Life is just going on. All is good. Simple and good.

I met with an attorney today about Employee Reach. The purpose of the meeting was to draft an enforceable business contract, which we did. However, I also walked away with some good advice about how to set up Employee Reach as a Corporation in addition to it being an LLC, something that will help considerably with my marketing. So, there is a set back of sorts as I set aside Employee Reach LLC and form yet another entity called Employee Reach, Inc. Doesn't really matter to most I guess, but to me it's very exciting stuff! However, it does push my plans back some. Which matters to me not. I have all the time in the world.

Today was particularly fun because the attorney I met with (an old friend and fellow advocate of community work) is in the same law office as another old friend, Tiffany Lucero. We visited happily for awhile. She is 37 weeks pregnant and looks adorable. It was so fun to catch up.

Jeff helped me set up a great office in our spare bedroom that helps keep me productive in the mornings on Mondays and Tuesdays. Then the afternoons are full of sun bathing in the park while I read a book and watch the kids make friends and play.

Late afternoon I check my email one more time while the kids play in the bath. Then we head out front to see which neighborhood kids are riding bikes, playing basketball or hanging out in their front yards. Several of the neighbors (including us) put out orange cones in the street so that cars slow down. Moms and dads alike come outside to gossip and share stories about raising kids.

Before we know it, Dad's red car is heading down the lane and it's time to do the Daddy Scream and Dance - "Daddy's home! Daddy's home! Yea Yea for Daddy!"
Simple and good Happiness.


3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm happy that Tiffani's attorney recommendation worked out for you! I'm also glad that you're enjoying your afternoons with your kiddos! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks :)

Lexy said...

Sounds so peaceful...

Chris said...

Inc. huh? Pretty cool!